Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cables, Wires, and Bears. Oh No!

No this post really doesn't have anything to do with Bears. But I figured if I didn't throw that in the title, people would not get the reference. So replace Bears with bestbuy. I've mentioned in previous posts about the home theater I'm trying to set up for myself and the Wife. Let me tell you, its no cheap or easy task!

I went to BB about a week ago and got thoroughly ripped off on the insane markup they have on cables. After realizing my newbiness, I went ahead and did what I should of done in the first place... consult the net.

Here is a good review from audioholics on receivers and their multitude of connections.

Also as a side note to myself (which is supposed to be the entire intention of this blog after all). Here's a brief snippet from audioholics describing what I'll do with the speaker cables once they arrive.

No comments: