Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day '08

For some reason, with this year's election I decided that I was not only going to vote but get all the freebies as well.

The first stop of course, was to get out and vote to obtain the ever so valuable voting sticker (yes, I am actually in it for the electoral process as well). Surprisingly the lines were non existent considering all the hype of ginamorous voting lines. That's right, I used ginamorous.


I had been starving myself on purpose earlier in the day so that I could enjoy all the free goodies, so the first place I headed to, was Krispy Kreme for my doughnut.


The line here was longer than at the Voting Precinct but I obtained my free doughnut.


The doughnut was OK but not worth my waiting to eat. The next stop was Starbucks for my cup of coffee.


Again it wasn't anything to write home about but free is free.

The next stop was later in the day as Ben & Jerry's had a window of time for their deal. The line for this place was insane. This was probably due to the fact that it is the only Ben & Jerry's in the RVA.


After downing my cup of ice cream, I headed over to the Chick-fil-a over by my house for the free chicken sandwich.


So was it all worth it? Not sure. In writing this, I find it in no way enjoyable and am deducting cool points from myself. Maybe I'm going through a caffeine and sugar low. Although I do feel I will wired until the AM to see who wins the election, but I think I may have shaved a couple months off my life.

UPDATE: Obama wins and its not even the AM yet. Maybe I'll clean my office or something while this sugar rush wears off.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the TINIEST cup of ice cream EVER. lol.

joyRuN said...

Did you mean "ginormous"?

Congrats on conquering the vote freebie circuit. I think.

Ryan Castillo said...

What is this?! Are you calling me out on blogosphere? There's got to be unwritten rules of blogging against this. Of course, you're my Ate so you're probably right.