Thursday, October 2, 2008

Bible Word Clouds

I've started bible studies recently. This is not because I'm a super devout Christian. Its because I believe there is a little more to life than programming and blogging. Seriously! I feel the need to explore various religions. Sure I'm starting out with Christianity (its the one I'm most familiar with), but I do plan on exploring Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, and other religions. I feel people generally tend to find opinions about or judge these other religions without ever exploring them. And this journey for me is not to judge, but to discover the common ground between all these religions. It's something that, in my opinion, people really do not focus on.

So with this current journey, I've found some way to involve computers and programming. Its just a thought for an application. An aspect of this application includes the idea of word clouds (also known as tag clouds). These are essentially a measure of frequent a particular word occurs in text. The more frequent the word occurs the larger the font.

An excellent example of this is some word clouds that I found produced from the Bible.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey thanks for the link. Hope you enjoy the wordles.