Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Review

Whew! September was a blur. I managed to travel to the opposite coast and back, run my first race with Ate Joy, get lost on a run in the dark (and subsequently run home instead of to the car), run my first 20 miler, experience what overtraining feels like, and catch a small cold.

I've had several posts that I've been sitting on in the background and for the sake of saving time writing I've decided to do a List of N Things post.

So here we go...  I present to you:

The list of the coolest things I've done/experienced in the past couple of years (with pictures)

  • Went to Jamaica for my best friend's wedding. 
  • Went on my first flight in a general aviation plane. A manager of mine came into my office asked what I was doing for lunch. I didn't have anything planned so he offered to take me up in his plane during lunch. Next thing I know we're on an airstrip getting ready to take off. During the trip, we flew above my apartment, landed at an international airport, and I even got to take the controls for a little bit. One of the coolest things I've ever experienced!
  • Went to my first NFL game. Chargers beat the Titans 17-6 in the 2007 Wild Card.
  • Got married.
  • Climbed a mountain in Vermont with three great friends.
  • Attended a presidential inauguration.
  • Finished my first 10K.
  • Celebrated my one year wedding anniversary in Maui and behind the Spur's bench.
  • Did a 5K mud run with my wife and best friend. The description of the event mentioned obstacles and we thought of things like a rope climb. What we got was running about three feet into the river and back, a couple of small dirt mounds, and a crawl through a mud pit. Disappointing but still a fun experience overall.
  • Finished my first Half Marathon.
  • Helped welcome my niece to the world.
  • Ran a half marathon with Ate Joy. She pretty much touched on everything concerning the event here and here, but I have the cooler pics!

1 comment:

joyRuN said...

Damn, how'd you get so high in that first pic? Your vertical is INSANE!

D'oh! I covered up our cool sequential bibs in that other pic.

And I do NOT like that last pic.

PS - your niece is beautiful!