Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Why I Blog

I promised that I would touch up more on this topic. Last month, I mentioned that I had done some thinking and actually thought about the answer to this question.

I've come to realize that I'm a carpe diem kind of person. I'm not really sure where the attitude comes from.  Maybe its my youthful attitude. I love stories like 'The Last Lecture' and 'Tuesdays with Morie'.  In fact, I consider Randy Pausch one of my heroes.

When his video viraled online, I identified with it.  For me the overall purpose was about legacy.  Not one's legacy with regards to the world but one's legacy with regards to their friends and family.

That's why I blog, its about communicating my identity and legacy.  Its about describing who I am and the way I live life. Its cool that through blogging I can potentially make online buddies one day. What's even more fulfilling to me though, is the idea of leaving a paper trail that represents me for my future children and other family.  I have so many stories and life lessons that they can learn from.  Its important for me to write them down now because 1) I may not remember them later or 2) I might not be around to tell it (not likely, but you never know).

1 comment:

joyRuN said...

Randy Pausch was a great video & book. A good reminder to live each day to the fullest.