Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Bridging the Gap: Stem Cells

My "bridging the gap" posts were intended to help teach other computer scientists biology jargon. If you've been here for a while you know I haven't really been followed through (only two posts) with this concept, but starting today I'll to give it another run.

Today I attended a seminar and found myself looking up various terms related to stem cell research. I'm sure you all have heard all the buzz going on about stem cell research the past couple of years. But I'm sure you didn't know that there were two kinds branches of stem cells. More specifically there if a cell can differentiate into a mutre type then it is classified as either a pluripotent stem cells and multipotent stem cells [Stem Cell Research Foundation].

As I have very little knowledge in this field, does anyone care to share what they know about stem cells and the research?

No comments: