Monday, March 26, 2007

St. Baldrick's Day

This past weekend I said goodbye to all my hair to support kids with Cancer. I was fortunate enough to exceed my goal of $500 (donations are still welcome and appreciated)! By bundling my hair I also I got to donate to Locks of Love.










As someone who is in academics and benefits from funds raised by this type of event, I felt it was necessary to participate. Not only did I have the opportunity to give back but it also helped to remember why we do the research we do; why we participate in science. I came back to school so I could pursue a career that benefited other people's well being. Prior to that I was just twiddling my fingers away working for a credit card company. I enjoyed this event very much and encourage anyone else who has the opportunity to participate in various things outside of the lab to remember why we do what we do.

For everyone who donated:

THANK YOU!

No comments: