Wednesday, March 14, 2007

"The Iguana"

This actually happened about three months ago but I never got time to share.

Since I came into my lab two years ago I have become involved in an age long battle between biologists and computer scientists (when I say age long I really mean never existing). The biologists and technicians called me "Neo", asked me regularly if I was hacking into the FBI's website, and complained when they couldn't use my computer (I'm running Fedora Core 6). I called their bench work fancy biological hand waving.

An exceptionally good prank of theirs was wrapping my computer, mouse, monitor and keyboard all unplugged in bubble wrap. I actually thought we were moving labs. Pure comedy. I got the tech back by remotely logging into his Mac and having it sing a little tune for him. It seemed like this kind of fun would last forever but alas all good things come to an end and our lab technician was offered a position somewhere else. On his last day as a truce at work I allowed him to go ahead and fool around with my workstation one last time. The following pictures are his depiction of his thoughts on Linux.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: