Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Being Flexible

Well I never said this was going to be easy. Going to start from day 1 again but I'm starting to feel like I've mentally regained my mental commitment to testing my physical limits.

One of the things I've learned about becoming a parent is you often learn to be more flexible. You're no longer just compromising with your significant other but you're compromising with another person who you can't even reason with.

When things don't go your way and there's nothing you could have done about it, its important to acknowledge that fact and just move on as quickly as possible. Remaining flexible in life is, to me, what Bruce Lee was describing in his "Be like water" analogy:



Day 1

Swim

I'm just taking things one at a time. I know personally that my swim is the weakest so that's the part that I have to spend the most time as I get back into race shape.

I swam for a little over 15 minutes, just doing drills to work on my form. I felt surprisingly good. I guess it has to do with me spending most of my swims in the open water. The pool just seems like a piece of cake now.

No comments: