Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Little Out of Tri Shape

I'll admit it. Keeping up with workouts with a baby is hard. I thought that I would be able to maintain my regiment but have quickly fallen out of that. And now after two weeks of sporadic activity I've gotten out of tri shape. I need to get back on course! So I'll be starting another exercise streak (I said it was hard, not impossible). This time though, the emphasis will be on the at least 10 minutes of activity everyday more than anything else. I just need to build up a consistent routine again.

Mentally wise, I need to remind myself I'm not where I used to be and I think that was holding me back. I've had the mentality that I could compete at the age group level and when I couldn't get the workouts required for those goals in I just wouldn't do them. So now my goal is just to finish a sprint triathlon. After that, I'll reevaluate where my fitness is and raise my expectations accordingly.

Finally I'm going to sign up for a race, the 3Sports Sprint Triathlon. I'm a firm believer that you need to have a goal on the calendar to work towards to in order to achieve optimal fitness.

Morning Run

This was my wake up call. I was surprised how hard it was. I did get into a groove after a mile and a half but I feared that if I kept pushing it I would be spent for the rest of the week.

Strength Workout

I just did one set of everything. Some of the exercises involved quite a bit of balance and I'm starting to realize that is a weak area in my strength fitness.

2 comments:

Molly F said...

Glad to see you working back into it Ryan! I think I will be doing a relay at the 3 sports tri. Looking forward to seeing you, on the run anyway :)

William said...

Nice to see you are back at it and look forward to seeing how things shape up.