Sunday, September 14, 2008

Football Sunday

It was a rather busy football Sunday today in the Castillo house. Cooky and I woke up this morning and headed out to our first Extreme Social River City Football Game. We lost the game, but had a lot of fun. I think everyone was finally exposed to Cooky's ultra-competitive side. Especially when she showed flashes of Randy Mossesque behavior when yelling that she was open.

We came home after that and decided that we both wanted to work on some QB skills. For her, because she wants to be more comfortable throwing the ball in games and for me, because I'm pretty sure she throws a much better football than me. Hey, I'm man enough to admit it! Plus I want to have to save my future children from telling their friends that Mommy taught them how to throw. Hmmm, maybe that's further humility I'm trying to save myself from.

Anyways, I was able to find a number of QB drills that our QBs used to run in training camp. Plus youtube had a number of videos that cover basic concepts in throwing:
After that we spent the rest of the day watching football with some friends, only to have it end with the Chargers's disappointing loss. I was only able to watch the first half of that game and honestly our pass rush is non existent without Merriman. Apparently we were cheated in the final seconds of the game with a premature whistle on a fumble that should have been ours, but that doesn't excuse the first half. Despite that craziness, it was a pretty good day.

Well, I guess its back to work until next Sunday. Hope everyone has a good week!

1 comment:

joyRuN said...

FINALLY - a post I can understand!! Love the pic :) Keep 'em coming.