Monday, September 22, 2008

Surge Protectors

I finally got the projector up this past weekend and ordered the remaining cables. All that's left to do is build a screen to accommodate the whoooping 70" I'm projecting. Also in the process I decided that several surge protectors were necessary to protect all my toys useful electronic hardware from frying out.

I decided that I did not want to re-experience the fiasco that happened at bestbuy a month ago and that it was time to look to good old google for information on surge protectors. How stuff works has a very informative article on an introduction to surge protectors and how they work.

Of course from as a couple of guys posted on this deal at bensbargains, the best way to protect your precious hardware is to just unplug it while not using it. Keep it simple!

1 comment:

joyRuN said...

HEY! Why aren't you following me anymore? WTF??? And no - don't stop twittering, because then I'll have no one to follow!