Monday, September 22, 2008

Grilled Steak and Vegetables

Yesterday when Cooky and I got home from our football game I decided to fire up the hibachi grill for a couple of hot dogs. I got the grill going so good, I just wanted to start grilling anything we had! What started with hot dogs, continued with grilled chicken, and eventually to tonight's get together.

Cooky and I used to have people over a lot. But recently with us moving to the new apartment and her starting residency we've haven't gotten to host our typical get togethers. So I decided to have a couple of friends over for some grilled steak. Of course with me, a couple of friends always turn into more than several. One day I think this will drive Cooky beserk, but for the time being it doesn't seem to bother her much. In fact, I like to think its a good stress relief after a 12 hour shift at the hospital

It ended up being a great time. We got to use the new table we got from IKEA and had a large dinner with close friends (7 people). I ended up trying to grill some vegetables base on some tips I found from here, here, and here. I'd say it turned out pretty well as we wiped out all the food we had including: rice, grilled Omaha steak (Thanks Mom Miranda), grilled vegetables, and a cherry pie. Thanks everyone for coming over!

SIDE NOTE: As I write this, it seems like the Chargers are letting yet another team back in the game during the 4th quarter. When is this madness going to stop? I'm glad we don't have cable right now.

No comments: