Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My First Date with "Cindy"

I tried to wake up for the morning team bike but there's something about becoming a new parent that messes with your sleep schedule. I can't quite put my finger on it.


Anyways the alarm rang at 5:15, I woke up and mumbled some half awoken encouragements to my wife about how great of a job she was doing and then passed back out. Woke up again at 6:15 only to curse myself for sleeping in. By the time I was finally out the door at 6:30 it started pouring down rain and thundering. DRAT!

10:00AM

Trainer at Home

Several hours later I was finally on my bike. I've been using the JetBlack Z1 Fluid HYDROGEL trainer and I'm not quite sure how I feel about the ride. Its nothing like the Kinetic Trainer we use at EF. The biggest adjustment I've had to make is that the JetBlack seems to have so much more initial resistance. Gears I would normally hit with the Kinetic seem impossible to hold with the JetBlack. I guess in the end it'll be better since the more resistance will make me stronger but there has been an adjustment period.

I ended up only riding for about 25 minutes. My Mom was flying into town so I wanted to squeeze in as much as possible before she arrived to the house.

"Cindy"

I've mentioned before that I've been interested in doing crossfit but didn't have the time. Since I was working out from home I decided to go for my own mini version of a crossfit workout.

The workout was "Cindy" which I've heard great things about. I only did three rounds which I'm sure is pretty lame by crossfit standards but I'm trying to squeeze in as much as possible with little time.

No comments: