Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 102: Keep Pushing it Harder

Its so awesome training with other people and coaches. There are a lot of social benefits but also competitive ones that make you want to push yourself harder to keep up. Last year I was a front of the pack kind of guy but no more. Everyone on our team has gotten stronger and I've got to continue to push myself to improve. Triathlons are also increasing in popularity so we've got quite a number of speedies on the team for me to chase. I've found that this year has been more of a mental battle than last. Love the challenge though!

6:00AM

Team Intensity Bike

This was similar to last week's workout. We practiced race scenarios such as surging ahead of a bike pack and then holding onto the lead. Its pretty challenging. It was crazy to think that these are the kind of things professional cyclists maintain when they're in an actual race.

Love that this is coached also. I always think I'm hitting my maximum effort but then I'll hear Coach Tyler saying "go up another gear!" It takes a toll on my legs but I know its making me stronger.

Brick

I've made a mental commitment with myself to come off the bike harder and faster. Last year when racing I would loose so much off my usual run pace when coming off the bike. It could have been mental but it also was probably that I wasn't training hard enough for my bricks. I was pretty spent by the end of the run but like I said its all making me stronger.

No comments: