Monday, April 25, 2011

Days 104-108: Getting it All In

Nope, the baby isn't here yet. Yep, the exercise streak is still going. I've been busy the past several days. I've also realized that hardly anyone reads this blog on the weekends. With that being considered I've decided to start condensing several days of training into one post just for brevity.

4/21/11 6:00AM

Run Time Trial

I was pretty scared of this run going in. I had no idea what kind of pacing I could hold so I feared that I could potentially blow up mid way through it and just have to walk.

I ended up starting very conservative and tried to chip off time with each loop. In the end I did the 2 miles in 12:41. I'm pretty happy with those results. Still just glad to be out there running again. I know what my body is capable of so that time will come down eventually.

4/21/11 7:30PM

Strength Class

We've got a new strength trainer at EF (we'll miss you Rusty). She. Is. a. Beast. I think her saying was "Tough...not mean. Mean...not cruel!"

The workout was grueling in a good way. It definitely settled any thoughts I had about trying to replace my strength training with crossfit. I ended up being sore a good four days afterwards. Got to get this in in order to get faster/stronger.

4/22/11 4:30PM

Technique Swim

The day just passed me buy. I had to literally sneak this swim in. I had to go to EF since the pool at the Y was full. I just worked on my bilateral breathing. Tried to take it somewhat easy as it had been a pretty hectic week.

4/23/11 4:00PM

Long Bike

We had some pregnancy videos that we had been meaning to watch so I just got on the trainer. I ended up doing about an hour ride with 30 minutes of zone 4 intensity in the middle. Great ride. My legs felt strong.

Brick Run

Did about a 2 mile run right off the trainer. It was a gorgeous day outside so I just tried to put the fatigue in the back of my mind and just focus on enjoying the day. So glad that I can run again.

4/24/11 8:00AM

Long Run

10 miler. I couldn't believe that I ran this far! It was at least 3 miles further than my longest run this year. Marco, a buddy from EF, had to do 20 miles so another friend and I joined him for the second half. The run felt great. The last 4 were tiring but again its just wonderful to be out running.

4/24/11 3:30PM

Mountain Bike

I went downtown to hit the Forest Hill trails with some Mountain Bike friends. I have a long way to go. I think I might of sweated more during this short ride than my 10 miler earlier in the day. The sheer terror kept me on the edge the entire time. I did have a lot of fun but I do realize I have a ways to go before I'll feel comfortable on those kind of trails.

4/25/11 3:00PM

Enjoyable swim

It was our "rest day" so I just did a nice easy swim. I tried to make it as enjoyable as possible. I did a lot of flip turns and even practiced doing flip turns for snake swims. I know having these kind of positive moments with the swim will only make me stronger in the long run.

No comments: