Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 88: The Streak is Still Going

The streak is still going on. I just had too many activities over the weekend (10K, Birthday, VCU game) to keep up with posting. Somethings got to give right? I retro blogged most of my workouts. You can find them here, here, here, and here. One cool thing is that people are actually starting to ask about this streak. I ran into an old running buddy at the race and he asked me all about it. People are reading!

6:00AM

Team Intensity Bike

I wouldn't say this was our hardest workout but it was challenging. It involved building from zone 3 to 5 while spending x amount of time in each zone. We did two sets of this. I felt really strong at the end until Coach Tyler told me to kick it up two gears. I think that might of been the longest last 30 seconds of a bike ever!

Brick

By the end of the Bike my legs were dead. They were also still worn from football. Looks like I have to work on those fast twitching muscles. I gingerly got off the bike and leaned against the wall as I put my run shoes on. I can honestly say it was probably my slowest transitions.

The first mile was tough. I threw in some striders but I found myself trying to catch people in the process. I decided to take the pace down just a little since I didn't want to risk pulling a hamstring.

After the workout I did stretching, a massage roll, and an ice bath. I'm still walking gingerly around the house. Hopefully I'll recover soon.

No comments: