Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 90: Pacing Life

I've come to realize that pacing isn't just applicable to running and swimming. You've got to pace yourself in your daily life. You work too fast and you'll start to get diminished returns. You'll overlook important details and eventually get burned out. Work too slow and you'll find yourself susceptible to laziness. The important part is to find the right pace for you. Even in life, smooth is fast and efficient.

6:00AM

Team Intensity Run

Today I did my first threshold workout. I ran about four miles total with the middle two being miles at threshold pace. I'm pretty happy with my results. I was able to hit around 6:25 on both of those miles. That's just several seconds slower than my pre injury threshold pace.

I did notice my legs were fatiguing and tightening up. I also don't think my running technique is as efficient as it used to be. That's something I'm going to have to keep an eye on as I work my run base back.

No comments: