Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 109: It Feels a Little Different

6:00AM

Bike/Run Time Trial

I'm not sure what it is but racing hard feels kind of different. I was thinking it may be because I'm just coming off that knee injury but I think its more a feeling of control.

Last year when I raced sprint triathlons and short runs it felt like I was just dying. I would cramp up so badly. I remember one race my coach just told me to calm down my breathing and I think this has been the key difference. I've done a lot of yoga that has allowed me to focus on how my breathing affects my muscle recovery. The body is a really an amazing thing once you take the time to notice and learn to control its inner workings.

The time trial itself went well. I'm guilty of doing quite a bit of drafting but I did finish the bike and run feeling like I had nothing left to give. I'm also happy with the current speed I'm maintaining off the bike. Now I seem to be only loosing about 20-30 seconds off my usual run pace rather than the 1-2 minutes I was loosing last year. I just need to keep on working at it to get comfortable with getting the legs turning after a hard bike.

7:15PM

Strength Class

I'm really digging these classes. Its a shame that I'm just getting back into them before the little bugger arrives but that's life. Just got to be like water and flow with it.

No comments: