Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 89: Quick Poll

As some of you know my wife is pregnant with our first child. In fact she could pop any day now. Obviously this will affect my Exercise/Training Streak. I'm pretty torn as to how I'm going to handle the streak so I decided to create a poll to see what everyone suggests. You can find it on the right sidebar of my page. It'll stay open until next Wednesday. I'm eager to see what you guys think!

6:00AM

Team Intensity/Technique Swim

This swim went a lot better relative to my past several swims. The main set consisted of 6 x 200s at Olympic distance race pace with very little rest in between. For the most part I held on. I had a couple of stops at the wall to either pass someone or let someone pass me.

I know my swim is getting stronger but its still a drain on me mentally. I guess that's why its my weakest of the three sports. For the next winter I'm thinking about taking a break from biking and running and just focus purely on swimming. Its so technique driven that I think I need to lay a better base down.

5 comments:

k said...

Heh. It's not just the day she's in labor you should be thinking of... ;)

joyRuN said...

The baby's birthday is just the beginning, my dear. Let's revisit this streak after a couple of weeks when the baby comes. Focus on him & your wife in the meantime.

Ryan Castillo said...

K and Ate Joy - Thanks for the mommy perspective! Any day now. We'll see what happens!

Unknown said...

I'm putting money on your baby being born on 4/27. Only because that's my bday, too, and well... I turned out pretty damn cool. Haha.

Ryan Castillo said...

Weird. Your the second person to actually pick a date and I think the first person said the 26th. Any day now. He'll just come when he's ready.