Monday, January 17, 2011

Consistency

The pass couple of weeks I was really struggling with my swim and run so I've opted for a little bit of consistency.

What does this mean? Well first of all I'm making sure to attend all of my team workouts with the exception of the Strength and Stretching classes (I do attend these but they're my optional class). Second of all after talking with a couple of teammates and coaches I learned that just getting small efforts a day can help a ton. I'm talking about efforts so light they can not possibly conflict with our regular more intense workouts. This may mean doing a 10 minute run or getting in the pool for less than 30 minutes and working on some technique drills.

For the past week I've done both of these things. I've done all of my team workouts and sprinkled in a couple of short runs and swims here and there. The result is that my swim has started to feel good again and not as much of a chore. I'm not quite up to my form from the end of last season but I'm confident I'll be getting there pretty soon. Remember with whatever your doing the key is consistency.

So, if anyone wants to sneak in a quick 10-30 minute LIGHT workout, let me know. I'm always open to company.

Other than that, what's going on with everyone? Anything new or exciting? Got your race calendar for the year setup?

No comments: