Sunday, January 16, 2011

Training Streak: Day 9

7:00AM Group Pool Swim: Today's workout was simple enough. Get in the pool and see how far you can swim in an hour time. I felt great the first 500 but towards the end of the second 500 I felt like I pinched a nerve in my neck on my right side, my breathing side. I got it in my head that I would just breathe to my left for the rest of the workout but I haven't worked on that enough so that ended up being more of an exercise of taking in pool water. This week I'll need to work on breathing to both sides and consider changing my breathing from every other two strokes to every three strokes for more balance.

10:00AM Basketball: First time playing basketball in about six months. I felt surprisingly good. The game even seemed a little simpler to me. This might of been due to some of the things I learned while coaching basketball this pass summer. One thing I need to stop doing is settling for the three ball. Also I tweaked my knee. I guess my body is not used to that lateral movement anymore.

4:00PM Long Run: This really didn't work out at all. Because of the knee tweak I had during basketball I wanted to play it safe by getting on a treadmill. The first half a mile seemed great. I was getting into a grove then I felt a small tweak in my knee again and decided to call it a day. I ended up getting in a tube of ice water later on in order to see if it would expedite my recovery.

No comments: