Friday, January 28, 2011

Outside of Training/Triathlons

I finally went and saw a Sports Medicine doctor. There's a possibility that I might have a torn LCL. I had an MRI done yesterday and will find out the results on Monday. Its no biggie though, because I can still swim and bike but being able to run is still iffy. Its my own boneheaded mistake for going out and playing basketball but for me personally it was kind of worth playing. I like to think I still have a life or other hobbies outside of triathlons and training.

This week's training has been ok. The swim is still a process for me. I'm waiting to experience those couple of "mental clicks" that I experienced last season which helped me get into a good place with swimming. Today, I actually had to get out of the pool midway through today's swim workout. Not because I was tired but more because it seemed like I was miserable doing the workout. There are times where we have to push through our minds limitations but there are also times when we have to listen to our bodies and be conscious of the possibility of burnout. Just like with the longer races we have to think of our training as a marathon not a sprint. We won't be worth much at the start line if we're burned out from too much training.

How's everyone else's training going? Got any cool hobbies that you do outside of triathlons? When was last time you got to do them?

Stay Healthy.

No comments: