Monday, January 10, 2011

Training Streak: Day 3

12:05PM Technique swim: Swam a 200 warm up and some additional technique drills. I'm hoping that working on these basics will help me get back to swim shape. It didn't feel too bad, I'm still getting used to incorporating flip turns into my swim. I swam the first 150 of the warm-up using them but by the time I got to last couple my legs and lungs were starting to burn a little from oxygen depletion. Overall a good workout though.

1:15PM Short run: Ran 1 and a third mile. It was bitterly cold outside. The wind chill was painful. The mileage was short but it'll take baby steps like this to get back to where I used to be; plus today is supposed to be a rest day!

6:00PM Group Yoga/Stretch: Did a video at home for the first time. Felt OK. There was a little kink in my back during the middle of it but it eventually got popped out.

No comments: