Saturday, January 8, 2011

Training Streak: Day 1

9:30AM Swim in Endless pool: Did a 30 minute swim in the endless pool. Felt OK, I was swimming kind of crooked so there might of been something wrong with my head position.

10:00AM Movie ride: Got in about 30 minutes during our movie ride. I was able to maintain my cadence over 90 and my heart rate leveled somewhere around the mid 160s.

2:30PM Mountain bike ride: I got to the ride and no one was there. Realizing that I was 30 minutes late I spent the first 15 minutes looking for the rest of the group. I ended up finding some pretty cool trails in the process. When I did find the group we worked on a drill coming down a root filled decline while standing and maintaining pressure on the rear break. I have to focus more on keeping upright, staying relaxed in my upper body, and keeping my weight towards the back of the bike. Great ride. I'm starting to feel more confident on the trails.