Saturday, January 29, 2011

Training Streak: Day 22

2:00PM Mountain Bike Class: Yay! Today we practiced wheelies. The purpose of them is to be able to clear obstacles while going uphill instead of trying to jerk the handlebar up. I had an easy time with them on a flat surface but when going up a steep uphill I had to come off the bike several times. The problems with me are that I'm putting too much emphasis on the handlebars. I've got to remember biking isn't about twisting the handlebars. The other issue with my wheelie is that I'm not bringing my butt far enough back on the seat. Overall we had a great class. At the end of it we did a fairly technical trail run and I ended up running into a wired fence at one point but it was a lot of fun. A little terrifying but fun nonetheless!

No comments: