Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Training Streak: Day 5

6:00AM Technique Run: You know its cold outside when the gravel on the track is frozen and only two people show up to practice. The run was a great confidence builder for me especially considering how much time I had to take off due to my calf. I was able to maintain a pretty decent Tempo pace for 3 x 1 mile repeats. No watch, just focusing on feel. I still need to get more consistent through my runs. My problem this morning was that I would start the first lap too fast, back off the second lap, and hit the next two laps spot on.

7:10AM Strength Training: I missed strength training last night so I went in to get it done on my own. It felt decent. One fallback was I wasn't able to get up and down the peg board that I thought I had mastered before Christmas. Need to get in for strength more often.

No comments: