Sunday, January 9, 2011

Training Streak: Day 2

7:00AM Pool Swim: This was my first real swim workout in the pool prior to the holidays. For the past several weeks I've only really been focusing on my flip turns. The workout was pretty brutal. We did a ladder. I had to stop at the wall and the middle of the pool a couple of times during the swim but I was able to finish the workout. Need to get in the water more often. I felt really strong at the end of 2010s triathlon season. Its going to take a bit of work to get back to where I was. On a positive note Coach Whitney pointed out an issue with my swim form. I was letting my arm in the water drop as I was breathing. By focusing on this for the rest of the workout I was able to finish rather strong.

4:00PM Long Run: First real run since end of November. That calf injury really put me in a running funk. I did 4.5 miles in about 40 minutes. For the most part I was maintaining an 8:15 pace but during parts of the run I had to walk. I had no real major problems with the calf just overall body fatigue. Like the swim, its going to take a little while to get me back into good running form.

No comments: