Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What is a training streak?

After I got injured last year I had to take some time off from the run. This cascaded into me taking time off from the bike and swim as well. I was still working out, but I noticed that my speed and fitness was slipping. I decided the best way to get back into things was to hold myself accountable somehow. Hence the training streak.

I'm almost back in the groove of things but I'd like to take this further. I want to see if I can get to 100. I've even imagined the possibility of a 1000 day streak. We'll see.

I haven't really thought about the rules but after looking at some of my previous posts I'd say if I did at least 10 minutes of exercise in a day that would qualify as a continuation of the streak. If you're skeptical about that low number, try running 10 minutes a day at a minimum for 100 days straight and then we'll talk.

No comments: