Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 50: I Can't Feel my Toes

8:00AM

Team Bike Ride

Hooray! Today was my first day of the year I got to ride my road bike outside. It was a frigid 35 degrees when we started. (SIDE NOTE: Its funny because all my SD people on the West Coast were bundling up for their 50 degree day. Coldest February day since 1911 they said. Wimps. Love you guys!) Everyone on the team was freezing. For me, it wasn't too bad. I think this might have been from being acclimated to the temperature from my Mountain Bike classes.

Getting on the road bike after riding a mountain bike all winter was rather weird. The first thing I noticed was that it was much harder to clip into my peddles. I also noticed my self wobbling my handle bar a lot more. This is because with a mountain bike you actually use the handle bar for quite a bit of handling where as with a road bike its more of a full body lean.

The ride itself was fun. I did two sets of moderate efforts for about ~6 miles each.

No comments: