Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Importance of Run Mechanics | USA Triathlon

I had to post this because I know a lot of people who read this blog are just starting out in running. A question that they often ask is about their form and if they are doing something wrong. I typically avoid answering that question because 1) I'm not a coach and 2) becoming an elite runner is not really what their goals are.

But I was wrong. Jesse Kropelnicki writes:

Running mechanics is a topic that many athletes feel is of little consequence. But, running mechanics can mask an athlete’s true fitness and speed potential, especially at longer distances where many of the supporting muscle groups become so fatigued late into the race.

He's got a pretty cool video in the link explaining the principles, so I'd suggest checking it out if you want to improve your running form.

[Source: The Importance of Run Mechanics | USA Triathlon]

No comments: