Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Training Streak: Day 33

7:00AM

Pool Swim

I just did a brief 200m swim. I realized that my swim has been really inconsistent the past several weeks and its in part because I've been incorporating a new breathing pattern and flip turns into my swim. With swimming you've always got to keep things simple. Learn one thing at a time or else it will all get messed up. I've decided I'll just throw in at the most two breath every three strokes into a swim of the full length of the pool. The rest of the time I will breath every two strokes. This way I'll be receiving oxygen more consistently.

Aqua Running

At the orthopedic yesterday, I got the second opinion on my knee. He strongly suggested that I avoid the Prolotherapy and PRP that the sports doctor recommended as both are unproven. The basic prognosis is that the meniscus is torn but it should be able to heal on its own. He gave me an actual aqua running plan that would challenge me and maintain my run fitness.

The workout was pretty intense. I'm sure its mostly because I'm not used to running at a hard effort in the pool so it messes with my breathing quite a bit. I got about 34 minutes of actual running in and my body felt quite fatigued in the process. A great workout overall!

No comments: