Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Training Streak: Day 39

6:00AM

Team Technique/Intensity Bike

We had a tough one this morning. A set of about 13 varying times all at max effort. Of course, with the shorter times it doesn't feel too daunting but it still takes quite a toll on the body. I was a little lightheaded from the oxygen deprivation. It was good class and a good group overall. I got to meet one of the new athletes named Brian.

7:15PM

Strength Class

Went to EF for strength class. I couldn't do half the drills (burpies, mountain climbers, squats, etc.) because of my knee. Instead, I did a lot of things that worked my core. These feel kind of low key since its a build up phase so I may just start doing them on my own for a little while.

2 comments:

joyRuN said...

This is okay for your knee?

Getting light-headed - must've been a HARD workout!

Ryan Castillo said...

Yup. All the docs said no running but biking and swimming are OK. I just can't push off the wall to hard in the pool.