Sunday, February 20, 2011

Training Streak: Day 44

3:00PM

Swim Warm-up

I did 250m which actually felt really good. I completely abandoned the bilateral breathing for the day and my flip turns were somewhat easy. The key with them is to get a really big last pull so that you can use the momentum in your flip.

Aqua Running

This was just a continues 32 minute aqua run. I noticed that my cadence had dropped considerably in the water. I usually have a cadence in the 180s but I think I was down to the 140s. Since I can't focus on speed or distance in the water I'm going to focus solely on cadence until I get back on running on land.

The weather has been perfect in the RVA the last several days and I'm really starting to miss the running. I can't wait to get back into it; I know it'll hurt for the first several weeks but I'm really looking forward to running again.

2 comments:

joyRuN said...

I think one of the links in this post talks about the slower cadence in aqua running. The comment by Kathy also has a link to Pfitzinger re: aqua running.

http://runjoy.blogspot.com/2010/07/getting-grip.html

Ryan Castillo said...

Thanks Ate! The link that Kathy suggested in your comments is the plan that was given to me by my Orthopedic.