Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Training Streak: Day 47

Bummer. Its been four weeks since I hurt my knee and therefore four weeks since I've last had a good run. I was pretty sure things were improving until yesterday. I've been feeling pain on the outside and right above my knee. Hopefully this is just a tendon pain and I didn't do something to injure my meniscus further.

6:00AM

Team Technique/Intensity Swim

We had a great workout this morning. One of the elite youths was in our lane and he was kicking our butts. I have a decent kick in the water but I'm starting to notice I'm not as effective with it on my side. I just have to work on those drills some more I guess. Another drill that I've been struggling with is the one arm breath away. Last year I felt so much more comfortable with it while today I took in quite a bit of water. I guess I have a mini todo list for the next time I get into the pool.

6:00PM

Rock Climbing Wall

This is something that I've wanted to take up for a while. I stayed semi cautious because my knee is still giving me some pains. The highest grade I did was a 5.6. It can get quite technical! I had a lot of fun and I think I might be hooked. I'm taking the belay certification class sometime in the next couple of weeks. Who's coming with me?

No comments: