Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Training Streak: Day 46

7:00AM

Team Technique/Intensity Bike

I was kind of scared of this workout because I had some out of town guests over the weekend. This resulted in me not really sleeping or eating well for several days straight. I figured I was going to pay for it with my harder workouts. Everything ended up fine.

I felt pretty strong during our workout. I guess I can attribute it to the Yoga I did yesterday. We did a VO2 Max set. It was pretty straightforward. Instead of going all out for an x amount of time we did very small chunks of max effort (ie - 20 seconds) for a specific duration. I think I've always been good at the all out stuff. It might be from my experience as a sprinter in high school. But one thing you learn with all this training is that its easy to go all out or super slow. It takes real discipline to find the in between paces and stick with them.

No comments: