Monday, February 7, 2011

Walls

"Brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want something badly enough. They are there to keep out the other people." - Randy Pausch (1960-2008)
I often think about this quote when feeling worn down in a race or just encountering obstacles in life.

Last Monday I found out that my knee injury was a little worse than I had anticipated. I have a partially torn meniscus which means no running for me for a little bit. It bummed me out for the rest of the day but after looking at it from a different perspective I realized it could be helpful in the long run. On the days I'm supposed to be running I can instead work on my swimming which is my weakest of the three sports.

Have you encountered any setbacks in training or your life? Did you find something positive about it once you looked at it from a different perspective?

No comments: