Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 60: Full Tilt

Great News! The orthopedic cleared me to run. In fact he said I should go "full tilt" with my workouts. Its kind of ironic that he said that this afternoon because that's exactly what happened with my bike in the morning.

6:00AM

Team Intensity/Technique Bike

This one made me feel like I had gotten hit by a truck. Remember my better than caffeine post? Didn't apply after this workout. I spent a good part of the day finding ways to summon energy to get things done.

We did 6 x 5 minute max efforts. By the time we were done I could barely lift my head up. It was a good 30 minutes after the workout before I started to feel like I was having coherent thoughts again. Fun stuff!

6:00PM

Belay Class

Nothing physical here but I just wanted to be sure I remembered the most important things for my belay test tomorrow.

  • When making the figure eight, wrap the rope over top of itself and around then back down the hole. Brian said someone's wife described this as wrapping a rope around their husband's neck.
  • When finishing the climber's not the rope can be brought back down threw the bottom hole.
  • For the belayer, everything must be kept on the same side: the rope in the ATC and the opening of the carabiner. Before inserting the rope into the carabiner make sure the end is folded towards the wall.
  • When belaying, never let go of the rope with your right hand. If you do the person will fall.

7:15PM

Strength Class

Had a fun time with this workout. I did all the exercises, including the ones that I was tentative to do because of my knee. I even hit the bench press for the first time in what seems like several years.

No comments: