Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 77: Another Tiring Swim

The entire week I've been out of it. I think its probably because I'm just getting back into running and my body is adjusting to the new activity.

6:40AM

Optional Intensity Swim

I did not want to get out of bed for this one. Fortunately I had Marco to motivate me to get out of bed and get the workout done.

The swim was especially tough considering how worn out I've been. I think the technique drills alone took us about 30 - 40 minutes. Then we had the main set which was 10 x 100s fast. I think after the second one the doubts started to creep in my mind. I was able to overcome these and still finish the workout. I think we swam somewhere around 2000+ meters.

Its crazy to think about how far I've come with my swim. A year and a half ago I could barely swim a length. A year ago I would sometimes take myself out of swim workouts early because I didn't think my body could handle it. Nine months ago I would not do our entire open water swims because I couldn't imagine myself swimming continuously swimming for that long. Now I've conquered all those fears and doubts, but its cool to remember that it all started with one length of the pool.

No comments: