Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 66: Taking it to the Next Level

Well I'm at the point where I've done some form of exercise for 66 days straight. This is a rest week for our training group at Endorphin Fitness so I think it's a great time to take my training to the next level.

My first couple of years doing all this endurance madness I wanted to find every edge possible to improve. The first step was to do all the workouts which I've gotten back in the grove of doing. The next step was to eat healthy and take in the right kind of foods to help me recover more efficiently between workouts. For now on I won't only be tracking my daily exercise activity but I'll be tracking my food consumption as well.

I know some people are going to hate me for admitting this but I've always been the type that has had a hard time putting on weight. Its mostly because I forget to eat. My Aunt always sums it up perfectly: "some people love to eat and you just eat to live." Because of this issue there can be times when I'm not well nourished for my workouts so I have to consciously make an effort to track my calories.

I just recently started using livestrong's My Plate page to track my calories. According to them based on my current activity level and weight I need to consume about 3000 calories a day (which is consistent with what a nutritionist told me in the past). I haven't used "My Plate" enough to merit a review but I will once I have several weeks of using the application.

8:00PM

Knee Rehab and Yoga

Like I said earlier its a rest and recovery week for me and the rest of EF's group athletes. We still swim, bike, and run but we do a much lighter effort. This not only helps with recovery but it also ensures that our body are at their peak performance level when we race.

My workout was relaxing but hard because I had to practically force myself not to do anything extra afterward. I'm not racing with everyone this weekend but I should still stick with the plan and let my body recover.

Nutrition

2887 Calories Consumed with 56 Ounces of Water - I'm not sure if this number is 100% accurate but I'll trust MyPlate's predefined nutritional values for now.

No comments: