Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 79: Best Trainer Ride Ever (Go Rams Go)!

A lot of hoopla has been made about VCU not deserving to be in the tourney. I'll admit, even though I was a season ticket holder last year I still had my doubts.

All of the talking heads said at the end of the day, if you look at VCU's resume prior to the tourney they didn't deserve to be included. Just like when hiring for a job position there is only so much that words and numbers on paper can tell you. Resumes often don't answer the most crucial questions.

What is their quality of leadership? How well do they work as a team? How do they perform when their backs to the wall? Most importantly, do they learn from their mistakes?

There were several games this year where VCU had a lead and somehow lost it in either the second half or last minutes of games. That was the poor defensive team. That was the team that didn't belong in the tourney. But they've learned from their mistakes, made adjustments, and improved in areas where they were weak. That's the kind of team I'd want in the tourney. The one that continues to get better and learns from its past misfortunes. Not the ones that peak early in the year only, get their number one seed, and then get bounced from the tournament.

2:30PM

Trainer Ride

This substituted for my long ride of the week. I put my bike in the trainer and just watched the VCU game. It was a fantastic ride. When watching the frantic pace VCU had on defense and offense during the first half I could not help but feel ultra energized for my ride. Usually I get bored while watching a movie while on a trainer. Not today. Great job Rams!

No comments: