Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 72: First RABA Ride

NOTE: I know these posts have been showing up a day late. I can assure you that I'm doing the workouts just not posting about them as early. I'll get back on track soon.

9:00AM

Long Ride

A friend at church has been trying to get me out for a long ride for a while now. The main thing that's been preventing me is that I always like doing team rides with Endorphin Fitness. This weekend though I didn't have a choice since everyone was down at Virginia Beach for the Shamrock Half. Glad I finally decided to go out and do this ride.

We did a total of 46 miles. Pretty crazy considering that I haven't done any long rides this year.

The first half of the ride felt great. I held back as much as I could and drafted as much as possible. The one time that I did struggle is when I had to pull the group. It just happened to be at a time we were going up a hill so I didn't get to pull as much as I would've of liked.

The second half of the ride was pretty tough. It's probably because I haven't done any long rides in a while because I know my nutrition was good. Plus we were pushing the pace quite a bit (at least for me). I made it through most of the second half of the ride but about 3 miles away from the finish I bonked.

Overall I had a great time. Would definitely do it again and recommend RVA locals to check out raba. Only regret is that I didn't check them out sooner.

No comments: