Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Training Streak: Day 82

6:00PM

Team Intensity Swim

Man! Another tiring swim. This is getting repetitive.

As with the last several swims I found myself fighting my mind to continue. I even sat out a couple of laps just to stay with my group (I made them up in the end).

Today though my body physically told me to stop. I cramped in my right hamstring which has never happened to me before. Its weird in the water I've gotten cramps in my calves and even my toes. I guess it shows how intense swimming can be! It can be pretty scary in the water but the key is not to panic.

The positive news is my swim stroke is really improving. I can tell because I've gotten my stroke count down significantly with some swim golf. I also can't be too hard on myself about feeling beat, last night's brick was tough and I did move myself up a couple of swim lanes today.

No comments: