Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 61: Belay is On!

Yesterday

Quick Run!

I forgot to include this yesterday but for me its a pretty big deal. I did a 5 minute pain free run on the treadmill. No pains in the knee so I'm pretty satisfied. I was really worried at some points that this was going to be a life altering injury. Things aren't totally in the clear yet but at least I'm back to running.

6:00AM

Team Technique/Intensity Swim

This morning's swim wasn't too bad. I didn't feel like in full attack mode and I think maybe its because of the full day I had yesterday. It could of also been because it wasn't a coached swim. Fortunately, there were several guys who showed interest in doing the workout and I think we all just motivated each other to get it done.

I didn't feel anything in my knee which continues to excite me. I threw in a lot of flip turns during the main set and pushed off the wall with both legs. I'm excited about how well its getting incorporated into my swim.

6:20PM

Belay Test and Quick Climb

Hooray! I passed the belay test. It was pretty straightforward. I just had to go through the entire process of putting the gear on myself and assisting on getting it on the climber. Then we did an actual climb where he simulated falling a couple of times. A good tip here was to make sure that the belay rope was in the down position most of the time.

I had to get back home for work so I just threw in a nice quick climb and belayed for a couple of people.

No comments: