Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 68: Go Rams Go

I know a lot of people are upset about VCU making the tourney. I was a bit surprised myself. Even though I'm an alumni I personally didn't think they should of been added. There are just too many holes in this team's game: relying too much on the three ball, hardly any inside/outside working on offense, questionable point guard, etc. On the upside it does continue to emphasize the life lesson of not being in total control of the opportunities you think you deserve. You can only control how personally prepared you are when they arrive.

6:00AM

Team Technique/Intensity Swim

I was pretty tired from my late night last night so I didn't have many expectations going into this workout. Surprisingly it went really well. We did 5 x sets of descending 100s. With each 100 we were supposed to take off significant time. I think I hit this for each set which is pretty much all I could have asked for. I think I might of experienced one of those "clicks" that tells you your swim stroke has improved. Since last week I feel more control over my stroke and actually have a stronger feel for the water when my arms are pulling. I'm sure we'll have a time trial in a couple of weeks so we'll see how much I've improved.

Nutrition

2377 Calories Consumed with 32 Ounces of Water - I'm starving right now but I'm about to hit up the VCU game so I might be able to make up the last calories and water.

No comments: