Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 73: My Body is Telling Me to Take it Easy

It took a lot for me not to run or swim today. The weather was so beautiful outside and I'm really itching to get back into it as fast as I can. But after reevaluating how I've felt the last couple of days I decided it was best just to take the day off from running, biking, and swimming. Instead I decided to focus on nutrition and Yoga. I know it'll pay dividends for the rest of the week.

9:00PM

Yoga

I did some yoga just to prepare my mind and body for the week. I'm so glad that I've added this into my routine. The most I've gained from it so far is gaining more control over my breathing. The cleansing breath has been essential for not only getting oxygen to my muscles but also to helping me relax. If you're married or in a long term relationship this is a must have skill. I'm sure its essential for parenthood but I can't confirm yet.

Nutrition

2840 calories - Alright! I got the calories in. Now I just have to focus on getting a little bit more and the right kinds. No more tubs of ice cream.

No comments: